Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Enderle, Webb & injuries

Nathan Enderle has been promoted to the number twos in camp to get more reps with Caleb Hanie being demoted. While most people look at this as the continuation of Martz' hate hate realtionship with Hanie I prefer to see it as getting the rookie some extra reps in a very complicated offense. Enderle done some very good things against the Bills on very limited reps. I'd be very surprised to see Enderle in the #2 spot once the regular season starts

J'Marcus Webb has come out & said he didn't match Shawn Merriman's intensity level in preseason game 1. Really? Maybe you should work on that. It definitely did not go down well with OL coach Mike Tice

After releasing a long sigh when asked about Webb's comments, Tice said, "I played for a long time, and I don't know that I've had that problem. I have a problem with that from a personal standpoint that a player is saying he didn't have the intensity level. I mean, (expletive), after sitting around for five months you should have plenty of intensity built up inside you. So I'm a little disappointed by that. I heard about that comment. He's got to understand that we put a world of weight on his shoulders. He needs to step up, play better, and he needs to grow up quickly because he's out on an island."

Corey Wootton is undergoing minor surgery today & while he's expected back for the season opener he could miss 4 weeks. Zachary Bowman was held out of practice but says he is good to go & didn't sufer a concussion

No comments:

Post a Comment